PDA

View Full Version : Life on a Wire

Mrudul Godbole
04-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Photographed this in Valparai. Saw this mother carrying her baby across the wires tied for drying clothes. I was waiting for the right moment to click and she looked at me just before jumping on to the roof.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 400, f6.3, 1/400, hand held, full frame.

comments and critiques welcome..

Abhishek Jamalabad
04-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Mrudul,
I love this image. The B&W treatment makes it even better. A very nice portrayal of how these monkeys are increasingly coming into contact with humans. The eyes showing from the shadows on the rest of the face look very nice. Good that there is some eye contact from the baby as well.
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
05-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Life on the edge. This image depicts the sad state of the Lion-tailed macaques and then manner in which they come in contact with humans. They don't have resistance to diseases like us and close proximity to humans can prove fatal.

Nicely composed.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
05-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Nice documentation. This picture shows the impact of human activities on these monkeys and how vulnerable they are.

Certainly not the gloomy stuff to share on a special day...:tongue_smilie:

tfs

Roopak Gangadharan
05-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Many happy returns Mrudul. Is this a preview of what you will be trying to do bfore the evening festivities are over......:D

Nice Message..Agree with abhishek that the BW treatment adds to the image.

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
06-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks all for the comments and the wishes. Luckily didn't climb on the wire by the end of the day :).

Praveen Siddannavar
06-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Lovely image Mrudul, the b/w treatments works well here. Indeed a sad state of these LTM's.
I hope you had a great time on your B'day:)
tfs

Gajanan Bapat
25-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Simply Gr8,