PDA

View Full Version : Leopard/Bandipur

Praveen Siddannavar
06-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Shot this male leopard during my recent trip to Bandipur, the guy was too far & our position was not that great to shoot. After a while I shot few images using 1.4x TC

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/500
Av( Aperture Value ) 4
ISO 800
Focal length 500mm
Bean bag support
Time shot : 8:15am

Mrudul Godbole
06-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Quite difficult conditions to photograph. Wish it was facing your side. Cropping a bit from the top would be good. Were there lot of gypsy's? Was it possible for you to move more to the left? Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
06-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks Mrudul, the issue was not about crowd or more no jeeps, there was only one jeep they saw the leopard thru naked eyes and moved on as none of them had a long tele. The leopard was in a dense area, I had a shoot him thru a gap between two trees and he was miles away. Moving any direction I wouldn't be able to see the leopard:). Cropping from top won't be proportionate:(

Sabyasachi Patra
07-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Tough to photograph from this position. Wish the leopard was facing you. There are certain situations, when you have to content with watching. There are so many times when we don't even get to see these majestic creatures. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
07-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Agree with Sabyasachi. The moment I saw this image, I was reminded of a very similar image that I had seen earlier in the day..and now that I think of it, it was here: Tough guy from Bandipur (http://indianaturewatch.net/displayimage.php?id=245490)

Looks like the same sighting....:)

tfs