PDA

View Full Version : Sitana ponticeriana

Joshi Bhavya
06-07-2011, 08:36 PM
The male Sitana ponticeriana lizard of polo forest.. We are lucky to see the behavior of male lizard to impressing female.. but we cannot take photographs of Behavior because any movement can disturb the loving seen of these lizard.
With canon A495
F 4.5
ISO:100
I am Little confused about background.. Little more blur needed??
critique good or bad, Always welcome..:001_smile:

Mrudul Godbole
06-07-2011, 09:27 PM
The composition is nice. Some less space on the top would be good. I agree the background is a bit crowded, maybe moving a bit close would have helped. Some more sharpness would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-07-2011, 01:54 PM
I am a bit disturbed by the tendency of trying to blur backgrounds, and that too even during the preliminary days of learning photography. We never used to try blurring backgrounds during the film days. The most important thing in photography is to convey the relationship of the subject with its surroundings. In fact the best portraits of a person or subject depicts the place or surroundings that best defines the person or subject.

Unfortunately, what we know from childhood days as portrait is a person using some flash or light with a screen behind you to capture your facial features.

One needs to show the relationship of the subject with the environment. That is why there was a saying "f8 and you are there".

Abhishek Jamalabad
07-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Nicely composed. Without the 2 bright BG spots, the image would have been better. I feel you should reduce the colour temperature and contrast. The BG doesn't bother me much... Though it is a bit cluttered, the lizard still stands out against it.
TFS