PDA

View Full Version : Mr India

Bhargava Srivari
07-07-2011, 09:00 AM
This Indian Robin posed for pictures as though he was adjudged Mr India:-)
Shot at osmania university on sunday evening. Now that the agitations have reached a peak again, i might be difficult to go birding in the area..for how long- nobody knows.
f5.6, 1/100sec, ISO 800, EV +0.3, 400mm, eval metering, cropped
canon 60D, canon 100-400 L IS USM

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
07-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Nice perch & pose.Good eye contact as well.Focus seems to be locked on the wings rather than the head.TFS

Saktipada Panigrahi
07-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Simply Splendid Photograph of Male Indian Robin.The beauty is:"The most striking part,the Chestnut-coloured vent under the upright black tail is clear Also tiny white mark on shoulder signifying that it is a Male is also visible. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
07-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Nice composition. The clean background adds to the composition. I liked the perch and the eye contact. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Nice image. The colours have come out well. This is a cropped image and I guess a large crop. So the head being nearly parallel to the sensor plane and the bird being small, if the focus is on the wings then it should be ok. There are sharpening artifacts visible. Try to create a big print and you will see what I am alluding to.

I go by the lessons learnt in the beginning of my career. In the shopfloor, the simple truth is if you produce a defect - however infinitesimal it might be - no amount of mending can make it equal to or as good as a perfect product. It is best to put in more efforts to nail it down in the field.

With the high megapixel cameras with small pixels, Canon has recommended higher shutter speed. So I change my settings between my Canon EOS 1D Mark II and Mark IV. I can get sharper images with my Mark II when the shutter speeds are equal.

Supreet Sahoo
08-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Nice eye contact Bhargava and i really like the color of the rump nicely visible. I have a question though : Was there any cloning done in front of the leg of the bird with a large brush ? A smooth wave of the cloning tool brush seems to have run from top right to bottom left ... On second thoughts it also could be a distant branch ..

Bhargava Srivari
08-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks Supreet. I am sure there was no cloning done on this :)