PDA

View Full Version : Little grebe

Bhargava Srivari
11-07-2011, 05:18 PM
This little grebe would never stay at one place! The bird is small inthe frame, but thought that the reflection of the bird and also of the trees around is interesting:)
f5.6,1/250sec,ISO 640,EV +0.3, 400mm, eval metering, cropped heavily
canon 60D, canon 100-400 L IS USM, shot at lotus pond

Abhishek Jamalabad
11-07-2011, 06:18 PM
I like this image. The bird being small in the frame does not bother me too much. These are always tough to approach. A very long lens is the only solution I guess :p. Nice reflection of the bird. The reflections of the trees would have added more had they been less distorted, but that's not in your control. There are a few bright specks just ahead of the bird (?) wish those were not there.
There seem to be smudges again, as seen in the previous jacana image :confused:... Can you post your workflow? Perhaps it is something with the NR software that you use???

TFS

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
11-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Nice that you got a grebe to photograph :).Too much spaces on the top.Colour of the water looks unusual.I think you need to re look at your white balance.Agree with Abhisek about smudges.tfs

Mrudul Godbole
12-07-2011, 07:19 PM
The reflection is nice. Nice composition. Agree with the above comments. Thanks for sharing.