15-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Taken at Gandhari Creek, Kalyan, India

Model: Sony H50
S = 1/500
F = F/4.5
ISO = 100

Abhishek Jamalabad
15-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Great photo. Where exactly in Kalyan is this? I'm looking for good birdwatching spots around Mumbai...

Abhishek Jamalabad
15-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Great photo. Where exactly in Kalyan is this?

Sagar Patil
15-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi Abhishek,

Kalyan is around 50 km before Mumbai CST. You have many trains from all parts of India coming to Mumbai CST which stop (99% of trains) at Kalyan. Or take flight to Mumbai and take Local/EMU upto Kalyan. This place is just 1km from Kalyan Station.
You will see many marine species here like Sea Harriers, Gulls, Stilts, Sand Pipers etc.
Or contact me, we shall have visit there :)

Rgds
Sagar

Abhishek Jamalabad
15-04-2009, 08:48 PM
I stay in Mumbai itself... Mahim! :D!... I just wanted to know where it is once you get out of Kalyan station... are there a variety of birds, or the usual ones? any migratory?

Sagar Patil
15-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Lolz :D This is height man.

Yes, once you approach Kalyan station from CST side, you see a creek on left side. I am new in bird watching, so as per my other bird watcher friends, we find many varieties there. Also you would find Red Munia and other small buddies there on shore.

I think no migratory birds :(

Abhishek Jamalabad
16-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey, if you get a chance, do visit Ganpatipule. It's just before ratnagiri, overnight bus ride from dadar. The amount of birds there is massive. I saw the usual sandpipers, whimbrels, curlews etc. + egrets, 4 types of kingfisher, hundreds of bee eaters, dozens of hoopoes and even malabar pied hornbills. There were also plenty fiddler crabs on the beach (i've posted a photo under category : other)