PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Snake

Joshi Bhavya
11-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I am Happy to post my first image, which I captured, with New Dslar....

Wolf Snake (Lycodon capucinus) Of Bandiyabeli Reserve forest(Gujarat).
It`s a glossy slender snake having a pear-shaped depressed head and its eyes are black. Its tongue is pinkish. Its neck is constricted. Its tail is about one-fifth to one-sixth of its total length. The color and markings of the snakes even in the same variety vary.
This is Adult snake, and eye are blue because molting process should be starting in couple of days..
With Happy to write Canon 550D,18-55mm
F:4.5
Shutter speed: 1/60
ISO:100
Thank you For Watching.:)

Abhishek Jamalabad
11-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Congrats on the DSLR, nice to know that you have upgraded :).
I like the perspective and the shallow DoF. Focussing manually on the eyes would have made the image better. Not sure whether the white balance is true to the actual scene, you can try playing around with that when processing. Was this clicked as a RAW or a .jpg?
Look forward to more. TFS.

Roopak Gangadharan
11-07-2011, 10:05 PM
congrats on the new gear.
The eyes stand out. i wud prefer to have atleast the entire head in focus. Agree with abhishek on the WB part.

TFS
roopak

Joshi Bhavya
12-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks Roopak and Abhishek For comments.. It is JPG Image..not Raw..:001_smile:

Mrudul Godbole
12-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Congrats on the new camera.

The composition is nice. You could have increased the ISO to 200 or 400 and used a narrower aperture to get the head in focus. It will be good if you photograph in RAW as that would help while post processing. Thanks for sharing the detailed information. Look forward to more from the new gear.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Congratulations on the new equipment! Did you buy the 100mm?

Joshi Bhavya
14-07-2011, 07:22 PM
No Sabyasachi,.. not just now.. 100mm will take little more time.:sad: