PDA

View Full Version : Sister of the relocated Male Tigers

Neil Mehta
13-07-2011, 11:52 AM
made this picture during my trip to Bandavgarh in April. We were very lucky to sight the Mirchainini family on a regular basis. During our visits we also witnessed M1 kill a Sambar deer. Thats the time we felt Bandavgarh had a bright future with 2 promising males. Recently I was saddened by the news of relocation of 2 brothers to Bhopal zoo. This is Sister of those 2 male cubs.

Canon 7D 100-400
f/5.6 1/400 ISO 500 400mm ( 40% crop )

Sabyasachi Patra
13-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Nice image. Raising yourself slightly higher would have revealed more of the tiger. Can you share your workflow. Looks like some blurring is done.

It is unfortunate to hear about the capture of the mirchahani adolescents.

Bhargava Srivari
13-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Sad state of affairs at bandhavgarh. Agree with Sabyasachi's comments. Good that there is eye contact. However, more head turn would have been better. The details on the long grass in the BG seems to have been altered with?

tfs

Neil Mehta
13-07-2011, 04:32 PM
@Sabyasachi My Workflow :
1. Open in Camera RAW increase clarity and den open in PS CS5
2. Levels and contrast
3. Selective Sharpening of the subject
4. Imagenomic Noise Removal Filter ( this got the blurring effect undesirably )

No Blurring was done intentionally

I keep on experimenting with the workflow..still haven't got the hang of it.

Abhishek Jamalabad
13-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Agree with the previous comments. Shooting from a slightly higher level if possible would have been lovely. A little more head turn would have been great, though I'm still fine with the eye contact here.
It might be a matter of personal preference, but I have found LightRoom 3 to be much better than PS. LR allows for minor changes as per one's needs and does not overly alter the image, which other softwares often do. This is especially true for sharpening & noise reduction.

Neil Mehta
13-07-2011, 07:21 PM
YEs..noise removal here has hampered the original image ...thanks

Mrudul Godbole
13-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Nice pose. I am fine with the eye contact. Since it is a crop less space below the log and more space at the top to show more of the habitat would have been good. It is always quite difficult to get a good environment photograph. You could have also tried to increase the aperture a bit more.

I agree with Abhishek, I too use Lightroom as it was designed for Photographers which included basic processing for noise reductions and spot removal. I feel doing sharpening and noise reduction is fine while printing images, but you can post your images with minimum alterations here, as this is a learning forum where everyone can suggest how you could have done better by looking at the image without any alterations.

Thanks for posting the workflow. Look forward to more.

Saktipada Panigrahi
14-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Nice picture, good eye contact. I am in full agreement with Shri Sabyasachi and Neil and going beyond, her two brothers( Mirchaini's adolescent healthy male cubs) received hasty,panic reactions from the authorities. Being ADOLESCENTS, they could have been given a chance to live in Natural Habitat and shifted to any suitable Tiger Reserve in M.P/ Sariska in Rajasthan.Even now this Proposal may be considered by Forest Dept.I also request NTCA to please examine the Proposal. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild.