PDA

View Full Version : Eurasian Kingfisher

Bhargava Srivari
13-07-2011, 05:06 PM
This king allowed us all the time in the world to compose images, under low light though.
I tried desperately to do something different, but this is all I ended up with.
f6.3, 1/125sec, EV -0.3, ISO 400, 400mm, eval mtering, cropped.
canon 60D, canon 100-400 L IS USM, shot at lotus pond

Abhishek Jamalabad
13-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Nice colours. The head turn and eye contact look good. I think you have tried positioning the bird differently? I would still prefer the conventional rule-of-thirds composition, with the bird lower down. Wish the twig going behind the bird's head didn't re-curve down, but you can't do anything about that. Look forward to more compositions if you have them.
TFS

Atul Sinai
13-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Looks nice and sharp, eye contact is ideal. Bhargava, why did you underexpose the image by 0.3? Looks a bit underexposed to me.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Atul

Mrudul Godbole
13-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Was it possible for you to go nearer? If it was perched for a long time, you could have tried moving in slowly to get a close up. Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
13-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks Mrudul. There was water between us and the bird, so this was the closest I could go. In fact, I was already struggling to balance myself and the monopod on the slope leading into the water.

Atul, I had deliberately underexposed slightly so as to not blow out the small white patches on the bird and also to get a slightly darker BG.

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Lovely Photograph.Also known as Little Blue/Common Kingfisher (Alcedo Atthis).True Natural Colours of the entire Body of this Tiny Bird have been captured. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild