PDA

View Full Version : Leopard/Bandipur

Praveen Siddannavar
13-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Sorry for posting more images of Leopards, for past few visits I have been only sighting Leopards at Bandipur. Not sure if horizontal works or Vertical I have both, let me know what you think.

p.s. I was in a awkward position while shooting this so this was the best angle I could get, also this was shot again between the gap of two trees.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm + 1.4x TC
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/200
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO 800
Focal length 700mm
Bean bag support
Time shot : 8:17am

Abhishek Jamalabad
13-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Considering the conditions I think this is a good image. It's good that you got at least some eye contact. I feel you should reduce the OOF space on the right. There is some noise visible in the OOF areas.

TFS. Enjoying your leopard posts, look forward to more. You are the first person I have seen who is sorry to sight/post leopard images. :p

Rajan Kanagasabai
14-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Absolutely Praveen, consider yourself awfully lucky. If you remember, a year ago, i had posted a Leapord sighting at Kabini (the link below, you had commented on it as well). That leapord was within 30 feet of us, lying in full view, open ground, for a full 20 minutes and not for a second on those minutes did it ever glance at us. We simply could not get eye contact. You are one lucky guy . . . .

Leopard - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18855#post18855)

regards
Rajan

Mrudul Godbole
14-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Its good that you got a head turn towards you. Nicely captured in the given conditions. I am thinking how a vertical looks, as that would reduce the OOF area on both the sides. Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
14-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Nice looking image. I too would prefer a vertical. HOwever, this composition is fine too..the OOF patches kind of frame the image. There is noise in the OOF areas, probably creeped in because of sharpening. If used properly, neat image is a software that works like magic

tfs

Bibhav Behera
14-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I like the framing between the out of focus areas of the image. Pulls the attention to the leopard. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
14-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Nice one praveen.Agree about the oof branches framing the leopard
TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
15-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Nice framing. Tough image to shoot in such conditions. In such situations the critical focus has to be on the eye to get good sharpness. The reason being, intervening vegetation brings down the amount of details and hence sharpness. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi