PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Viper.

Joshi Bhavya
14-07-2011, 07:34 PM
One of the most deadly venomous snake of India..SAW SCALE VIPER..(Echis carinatus):scared:
It is the smallest member of the big four snakes. The Saw-scaled viper is one of the species which are responsible for causing the most snake bite cases and deaths due to various factors such as their frequently occurrences in high populated regions and their inconspicuousness nature
Size ranges between 38 and 80 cm in length, but usually no more than 60 cm,..The color-pattern consists of a pale buff, grayish, reddish, olive or pale brown ground color, overlaid middorsally with a series of variably colored, but mostly whitish spots, edged with dark brown, and separated by lighter interblotch patches
The venom of Echis species consists mostly of haemotoxin. The genus is recognized as medically significant in many tropical rural areas. They are widespread and live in areas that lack modern medical facilities. Most victims are bitten after dark when these snakes are active..
With Canon 550D, 18-55mm
F: 5.6
ISO: 200
Built up flash, Hand held
Little more crop, because its necessary to take some distance from this snake of 7 to 8 FT.

Abhishek Jamalabad
14-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Nice. I like the composition. Love the eye. The tongue flicked out is a plus. You could have tried narrower apertures as well, since the flash would not make low shutter speeds a problem.
Thanks for the info as well. This is a species one needs to be cautious of.

Sabyasachi Patra
15-07-2011, 11:36 AM
I agree with Abhishek. A longer lens would be better. Safety is more important than the image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
15-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Good eye contact. The flicked tongue adds to the composition. The details are good. Agree about a narrower aperture. You could have also safely increased the ISO. Thanks for sharing the information. Look forward to more.

Saktipada Panigrahi
16-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Nice photo with rough scales and large eyes prominently visible.I would only like to add that the haemotoxic venom of Saw-scaled Viper is MORE TOXIC than Russel's Viper's Venom( also haemotoxic of different kind).However, because of much smaller quantum of Venom injected by a Saw-scaled Viper,although LARGEST number of bites are caused by Saw-scaled Vipers where they are common(like in Ratnagiri district),number of fatal cases are fortunately less in cases of adult human beings, if treated properly.Kindly note that Russel's Viper can lift and throw its own body SIDEWAYS and strikes hard.Take precautions while photographing snakes as suggested by Shri Sabyasachi. SaktiWild

Joshi Bhavya
18-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks Saktipada,.. For more information..
We are Taking photographs of these snake from 7 to 8Ft away.. As i Written.. Our main Focus is on moment, If Snake Came closer we immediately go away..
so.. my first main step is precaution in every deadly animals..during photography.:)