PDA

View Full Version : Purple swamphen

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
17-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Also known as Purple Moorhen.This was photographed in outskirts of Gwalior.Difficult bird to photograph as this keeps on moving all the time.This was shot from my car with the camera supported on the door.

Canon 500D
150-500mm
1/320
f/8
ISO 400
FL -500mm
Distance from camera-25 metres.
Cropped

Saktipada Panigrahi
17-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Wonderful photo of a Purple Swamphen.When it walks, it flicks its tail up and down showing the white undertail,so nicely captured.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
18-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Nice image. The raised leg adds to the image. Good eye contact. Since it is cropped, I would have liked some more space to show the environment. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-07-2011, 09:25 PM
I agree with the previous comments. Normally in a cropped image, the depth of field becomes higher, as the lens to subject distance increases. I would prefer to keep the background in focus. Only if you are in ground level, then the background will appear out of focus. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Satishchandra Ranadive
19-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Excellent image in it's habitat.Nice colors.

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
19-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks everyone for comments.I like to mention that this is a image,where I wanted to show the bird more than the habitat,so composed accordingly.One can still appreciate good habitat display as well in the image ,as this is not a ground level shot.Also this bird is rarely seen in this kind of habitats...they are mostly seen in moorland or marshes.