PDA

View Full Version : Cheetal leap

Sabyasachi Patra
18-07-2011, 08:46 PM
This image is from BR Hills. It had rained and the light was low so the shutter speed was not to my liking. It would have been good if the deer was completely parallel to me.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM, 70mm, f5.6, ISO 1600, 1/400, full frame image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
19-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Nice action captured. It is quite difficult to get this as they are very quick and you might not get the right angle as they normally cross in front of the jeep :(. The eye contact is nice. Wish the light was better. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
19-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Agree about the shutter speed, but nicely captured nevertheless. Difficult to get the right angle for this shot. I would try increasing the colour temperature slightly, though that might take the look of the image a little further from reality...
TFS

Bhargava Srivari
19-07-2011, 09:23 PM
I would like the saturation to be taken up a wee bit. Nice mid air pose..may be you could have pulled it off even at f4 with a slightly higher shutter speed?

tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
19-07-2011, 09:41 PM
It was on the back of my mind that a f5.6 would be better if the deer is slightly angled away. However, frankly speaking I didn't have the time to change the aperture to f4.

The deer was on the other side of the road and a few myna's flew and landed on its back. I remember uttering "very nice" and immediately removed the 2x II TC which was attached. So the aperture was at f5.6. Unfortunately, as the jeep was coming to a stop the myna's flew away and the deer started moving into the bush. Then I saw a few deers about to run. I immediately bumped up the ISO to 1600.

It was a dull overcast day as it had rained earlier. So I am not too keen in pumping up the white balance to make it look as if it was in warm light.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
19-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Quite understandable. However, a friend told me that when u attach a TC and dial the aperture knob once/twice further to lower the aperture- say with the 2x TC attached the lens is at f5.6 but if u still dial the aperture knob once more even if it cant go to f4 immediately, it will do so as soon as the TC is removed! Didn't get to test it myself, so will need confirmation from someone who has tried it :)

Gajanan Bapat
20-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Gr8, Thanks for Sharing... Gajanan Bapat

Praveen Siddannavar
20-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Wow! Lovely action captured Sabyasachi
tfs

Gajanan Bapat
28-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Gr8 Nice action capture..