PDA

View Full Version : Perenethis venusta Portrait

Abhishek Jamalabad
18-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Perenethis venusta, photographed at Karnala. Was about 1.5 inches long (body only, excluding the legs). I also found smaller specimens around, this one is probably a female owing to its larger size and somewhat duller colours. It is possible that this species has a considerably venomous bite. Will later post an image of the smaller specimen as well.

Canon 500D, Canon 100mm Macro USM
Manual Exposure
Tv 1/200
Av 9.0
ISO 400
Flash EC -1
Full frame
Slight increase in brightness, no other changes.
Uneven lighting because the flash was partially blocked by leaves. :(

Thanks, C&C welcome.

Joshi Bhavya
20-07-2011, 11:45 AM
I like the small tiny eyes.. Front view is nice..I wish that I could see the Whole pedipal, as Leaf Come in between the pedipal.. Waiting for next post.

Abhishek Jamalabad
20-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks Bhavya, the shots with the pedipalps visible don't have good enough lighting :(... was having problems due the dense foliage of the shrub blocking the flash. I had clicked this shot to record the eye arrangement, which happens to be peculiar to this genus. Will check again and post if possible. I have dorsal view shots which I will post next.

Mrudul Godbole
20-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Nice to see this species. The details are nice. It is good that you got the head in light. It has raised the hind leg vertically? Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
20-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Mrudul, the hind leg was resting on a higher leaf.

Sabyasachi Patra
20-07-2011, 06:55 PM
I am fine with the uneven lighting. It is a fact that when you are clicking in dense vegetation, it is not easy to get the flash right. It would have been great if you had an off axis flash and had just used a slight flash for highlighting the eyes. With such low lights, it is not easy to get further narrow aperture in use. Thanks for sharing. Look for some different angles.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi