PDA

View Full Version : Tiger : B&W III

Dipankar Mazumdar
19-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Dear All
Male tiger T-6 from the Zone 4 of the RNP. Liked the setting with the dry bushes creating a sort of frame all around the tiger. Heavily backlit conditions but not enough to get a rim-lit kind of picture. This particular individual has a very prominent mane which would have looked interesting had the sun been lower down the horizon. However a hill in the background negated that possibility.

EOS 50D + 300f4 @ f4, 1/500, ISO 800.

Look forward to comments.

Cheers
Dipankar

Mrudul Godbole
19-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Nice composition. The b/w treatment gives a nice feel to the image. The inclusion of the habitat looks nice. The mane can be seen, it is quite prominent. A slight less space at the bottom would have added to the composition. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Dipankar,
Why not f5.6 or even f8? Because of the relatively shorter 300mm lens the depth of field is better. However, a narrow aperture would have been even better.

I agree with what you were trying. An image of an animal looking away rarely works. However, in this case there is a mood. Also, try brightening up a bit. I think there are other possibilities as well.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
19-07-2011, 09:25 PM
I like the composition. The B/W treatment gives a nice mood. I'd like just a bit more contrast to make the tiger more catchy in the frame. I agree with Sabyasachi- you should have tried f4 at ISO 400-640 and f8 at ISO 800.

tfs

Praveen Siddannavar
20-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Lovely habitat shot, the b/w treatment works well here
tfs