PDA

View Full Version : Pelican

Rajan Kanagasabai
21-07-2011, 08:08 PM
A pelican in flight (at the Kelambakkam lake)

400D, F6.3, 1/3200 ISO 400, APO 150-500 USM

regards
Rajan

Atul Sinai
21-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Nice shot. Loved the details in the feathers. Wish the eye contact was better.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Atul

Mrudul Godbole
21-07-2011, 09:50 PM
The wing spread is nice. Some more details would have been good. Is this a crop? Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
22-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Nice Photograh of a Bird in Flight.To me, the right wing tip looks exactly like WINGLET fitted to some of the Boeing Aircrafts to reduce Fuel consumtion and noise(here the bird is conserving energy).SaktiWild

Rajan Kanagasabai
22-07-2011, 05:19 AM
Thanks. No Mrudul, this is not a crop . . .

Rajan

Saktipada Panigrahi
22-07-2011, 01:50 PM
I feel it is a Great White Pelican looking at contrasting Black Flight Feathers and prominent Yellow Pouch below.Please correct me if I am wrong.I
am so much attracted to this photograph because of the size of the Bird (fuselage of Aircraft),Long Wingspan (Aircraftlike),Head held close to the Body(Cockpit of Aircraft),Winglet of Right Wingtip,contrasting Blackish Flight Feather of left Wingspan(Flaps of Aircraft). A Pelican IN FLIGHT reminds me: "A thing of Beauty is a Joy for Ever." SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
23-07-2011, 12:04 PM
I am so much attracted to this photograph because of the size of the Bird (fuselage of Aircraft),Long Wingspan (Aircraftlike),Head held close to the Body(Cockpit of Aircraft),Winglet of Right Wingtip,contrasting Blackish Flight Feather of left Wingspan(Flaps of Aircraft). A Pelican IN FLIGHT reminds me: "A thing of Beauty is a Joy for Ever." SaktiWild

I agree with this. Yesterday I was on the window seat (normally I prefer aisle) near the wings and the pelican's winglet of the right wing is turned up as the aeroplane. Infact, scientists study nature and try to learn and recreate. This branch is known as bionics or biomimmcry.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi