PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant Tailed Jacana

Supreet Sahoo
25-07-2011, 04:02 PM
I silently placed myself close to the bund behind the shrubs waiting for it to come. Our majesty then finally humbled me after a patient wait of 45 mins by coming as close as 15 feet. This one here is a full frame shot of the wader looking at the skies (probably asking the rain gods to stop and shower some sun shine). Shot under extremely overcast conditions while it was drizzling and intermittently raining as well. I think that i could have done better , suggestions please
Tv - 1/320, Av 6.3, EV +1/3 ISO 640 , Canon 7d , Canon 300 f4 +1.4x tc

Abhishek Jamalabad
25-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Lovely shot Supreet. Love the yellow feathers on the back of the neck, they look like flames... Reminds me of those flaming-bird decals on racing vehicles :D. Nice angle of the head turn. I would have preferred the underparts a little brighter, but the whites are very neatly exposed. I would have preferred the bird placed more off-centre. Is this full-frame? Considering the conditions, this is a very good shot. TFS

Saktipada Panigrahi
25-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Superb Photograph Supreet.You have brought "Every Feather, Every Feather".Abhishek had commented comprehensively and others will join.I may only draw attention to its huge feet and claws enabling it to walk effortlessly on floating vegetation-Nature's own creation. You have missed only one Lotus in the frame.
I can not stop without a quote:
"... Life would become very dull and colourless if we did not have these magnificient animals and birds to look at and to play with".. Jawaharlal Nehru

Bhargava Srivari
25-07-2011, 05:57 PM
A friend previously told me that the 300 f4 works better with the TC than without- I laughed. But now, I am convinced:D

By the way, what did you do with this image? This is sharp, nicely exposed, well composed (although I agree with Abhishek about lesser space to the left) and has good looking colors. Patience pays off, you told me and it did!!

Could you try to recover something from the dark underparts? By the way, did I tell you that this is my fav image of your's? :)

tfs

Bibhav Behera
25-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Very nicely executed. Although I would prefer mores space at the left, but still not a deal breaker for sure. It is sharp in the eye. A small Clockwise rotation will straighten the horizon. The 300 f/4 works brilliantly well with the 1.4x. I have no complaints from this lens whatsoever. :-)
You will enjoy every bit of it.

Mrudul Godbole
25-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Nice display of the habitat. I agree with the above comments. The details on the leaves and the water droplets make it very interesting. If this is not full frame I would like to see some more space on the right. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Atul Sinai
25-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Very beautiful image. Agree with the comments made. You might need to correct the slight horizon tilt.

TFS

Regards,
Atul

Roopak Gangadharan
26-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Neatly done. agree with comments below on tilt and space. Like the pose and display of habitat.
TFS
Roopak

Supreet Sahoo
26-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Thank you so much everyone. Yes this is a full frame image and yes Im loving the 300f4+1.4x combo. Many thx to all who helped me pick up the "right" stuff. Will work hard to get better with time.

Regards
Supreet