PDA

View Full Version : Barking Deer

Mrudul Godbole
25-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Photographed in BR hills. It was very cloudy and the light was very bad. It was very close so tried this composition.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 400, 1/40, f7.1, hand held, full frame

Comments and critiques welcome..

Bhargava Srivari
25-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Nice looking picture. If this is from the same sighting as Sabyasachi's image posted a week or so ago, I personally like that composition better. However, this compo has its own charm and is a novel attempt. I'd like lesser space on the right and include more body if possible. Also, do you think exposing this by a third of a stop lesser would be better?

Btw, the eye looks good.

Tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
25-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Alert pose. You can see the two ears in two different directions. I think we saw 7 barking deers at different places and I remember clicking in three situations. The barking deer I had posted was a different one.

As far as composition is concerned, I am fine with the head remaining above the centre point, as in this case. It is important to try different compositions. What focal length was this shot at?

Gajanan Bapat
25-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Gr8, eye contact & alert position...

Saktipada Panigrahi
26-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Nice Behavioral Action Photo .Most Alert Deer of Indian Jungles, Kakkar.Beauty of the observation of Shri Sabyasachi is positioning of TWO EARS.They are covering much more than 360 degree of horizontal and vertical plane together,balance is covered by least rotation the head.Every prey species including Elephant herd (with babies) pays a lot of respect to its call. Thanks for sharing .SaktiWild

Praveen Siddannavar
27-07-2011, 08:23 AM
The density of Barking Deers at BRT is quite high, the head turn and eye contact is nice. Wish the light was better
tfs