PDA

View Full Version : Lapwing in Flight

Atul Sinai
26-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Hi guys,

Got this shot in the farmland in Hinjewadi, Pune. There were couple of Lapwings dancing around. It was moving quite quickly and I had tough time getting the focus right with my 55-250. Auto-focus was very slow, tried manual focus but was finding it hard to catch the bird in flight using manual. Finally was able to get some images of the bird in flight using auto focus. When I checked them latter they were all a bit underexposed against the sky. So had to adjust in post-processing.

I could have done better with manual exposure.

Canon 600D. 55-250mm
Aperture priority
Evaluative metering
Shutter Speed 1/2000
Aperture 6.3
EC +0.3
ISO 200
Focal Length 250mm handneld
Cropped by 31%

Was a bit underexposed, had to adjust the exposure in post processing.

Regards,
Atul

Sabyasachi Patra
26-07-2011, 10:56 AM
When the light is constant, you can dial in the settings in manual exposure and then shoot, so that you don't need to be bothered about the bird getting underexposed against the sky. If you are shooting in EV, then dial in the required positive EV beforehand and then shoot.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
26-07-2011, 09:34 PM
The eye contact is nice. You could have placed the bird a bit more downward with some more space at the top. You had a good shutter speed, wish it was closer. Thanks for sharing.

Atul Sinai
27-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks Sabyasachi and Mrudul for your coments. As it is a crop I have space to adjust the position of the bird.

Regards,
Atul

Bhargava Srivari
28-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Agree with comments made. With the 55-250, this is good work :)

tfs