PDA

View Full Version : Barking Deer #2

Mrudul Godbole
27-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Photographed in BR hills, this is the same deer which Sabyasachi had posted earlier. It was quite near so I tried a close-up. It was raining and the light was bad. The shutter speed was quite low, so the fast movement of the ears can be seen in this image.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 400, f6.3, 1/15, hand held, full frame.

Comments and critiques welcome..

Praveen Siddannavar
27-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Wow! the motion blur looks good, the head turn is nice. Considering the light conditions the image has come out well.
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
28-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Nice effect due to the slow shutter speed. One needs to keep on trying at low shutter speeds to get interesting motion blurs.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
28-07-2011, 05:59 PM
The motion blur creates nice feel. Wonder how the image would have shaped up if the SS was say 1/5! An abstract would be the result, probably..did you try it?

tfs

Roopak Gangadharan
28-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Nice effect Mrudul. Do i see a tiny sore spot on the animals neck??? it could be an insect bite or something like that as well but the location is intriguing....Sambars ofcourse are known to have it.

Mrudul Godbole
29-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks all for the comments.

Roopak, nice observation, I had not noticed that. It does look like a sore spot. I don't think that is common in barking deers, unusual, will have to check.

Bhargava, No I didn't try any more compositions. I think 1/5 would have resulted in a shake. I was not very sure if the eye would be sharp even with 1/15 as that is quite low shutter speed for hand holding. If I was using a tripod I might have tried lower shutter speeds. Thanks for the comment.