PDA

View Full Version : SBC - Scaly Breasted Cutie

Supreet Sahoo
31-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Good Morning
Sharing this munia shot that I clicked today morning while walking around Lotus Pond in Hyderabad. This place never seems to disappoint me and I always come back with something. Saw this extremely cute munia pecking at seeds.

Exif:
Camera Model Canon EOS 7D
Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/200
Av( Aperture Value ) 6.3
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 400

Abhishek Jamalabad
31-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Wonderful image Supreet, I love every bit of it. Nice details and eye contact. Nice soft light. The perch looks lovely too. The OOF streaks in the BG make it more interesting (as compared to a very uniform smooth BG).
This has to be one of the most pleasing shots of this species I have seen. TFS.

Bhargava Srivari
31-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Agree with Abhishek. A thouroughly pleasing image. I have a feeling the eye is not in critical focus, but it could be slight shake as well?

How much I wish just a bit more light was falling on the eye region..did u try to move a little to the left and shoot?

tfs

Supreet Sahoo
31-07-2011, 03:15 PM
The guy was very skittish as you know Bhargava , could hardly make 2-3 shots , tried moving around/closer to get a sharper shot but the bird left as it was really close ...

Mrudul Godbole
31-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Lovely perch and eye contact. Agree with the above comments. The water drops on the beak look nice. slight off-centered composition would enhance the image further. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
31-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Lovely photograph with great details,natural colours of Scaly-Breasted Munia(Lonchura Punctulata).Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
01-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Well done.Lovely shot. Higher DOF to bring the habitat into focus wud have been nice but these birds are very restless and u need the SS. They are not very shy and hope to see some even better ones of this lovely bird.....
TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
01-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Nice image. I agree with the comments. A bit more sharpness would have been better. Keep on trying. I am sure you will get a better shot of this species soon.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi