PDA

View Full Version : Common Tailor Bird

Arindam Mitra
03-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Camera- Nikon D5000,
Lens- Nikkor 55-200 VR
F-5.6, Shtr Spd- 1/30 sec. ISO-640,
Metering- Spot metering, Aperture priority with manual exp.

Thanks everyone for your precious time, viewing & commenting....have a nice day ahead....

Praveen Siddannavar
04-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Lovely hyperactive bird this, looks like the light was low as the shutter speed is very low.
tfs

Abhishek Jamalabad
04-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Looks like the light was too bad. 1/30 is too low for skittish birds like these. Not the easiest bird to photograph. I am not sure how you could have managed this shot better, don't know how the D5000 performs at higher ISOs, and you were already at a wide aperture. What mode were you using? Aperture priority or manual? Keep trying, I am sure you will get a good image sooner or later.

TFS.

Mrudul Godbole
04-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Lovely bird. I agree with the above comments. Were you hand holding? It would be good at such low shutter speed to use a tripod or a bean bag or rest the camera on a support to avoid the shake. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
04-08-2011, 02:18 PM
I agree that it is tough to get a sharp shot at 1/30 of these skittish birds. Once in a while these birds pause for a moment and that is the time to click. One needs to be very watchful. It is easier that way to observe and click if you are in a hide. Else, the bird can vanish as well.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Atul Sinai
04-08-2011, 03:07 PM
I think you did a decent job at 1/30. Wish the light was better. Liked the eye contact.

TFS

Regards,
Atul

Bhargava Srivari
04-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Agree with comments made. These birds can be very active and can give a photographer nightmares if the light is bad!

I have seen these birds a good many times, but never attempted an image until last month whenI got this: Tailor bird - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7243)

By the way, the bird flew away just after I clicked this, so it is the only image I have of this bird!