PDA

View Full Version : Romantic Colors

Supreet Sahoo
03-08-2011, 11:39 PM
A pond heron in breeding plumage rests on a wooden pole as the day comes to an end. I got this bg as I was not very far from it. Ive already realized one of the mistakes that ive done - should have stopped down to 7.1 for better focus. Will avoid that in the future.
Tv 1/500 Av 5.6 Metering Evaluative EV 0 ISO 250

Praveen Siddannavar
04-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Lovely image Supreet, the perch bg and eye contact is nice. Good that you composed it vertically, that enhances the image. A narrow aperture would have been better and I feel the image is a bit soft. Do you shoot this handheld, if yes try using some support like monopod or a bean bag
tfs

Bhargava Srivari
04-08-2011, 10:00 AM
+ with Praveen :)

Abhishek Jamalabad
04-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Agree with Praveen's comments. I wonder if you uploaded too large an image? Because there seems to be some loss of quality here. Please check.
TFS

Roopak Gangadharan
04-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Nice bg and compo. agee with comments below..

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
04-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Lovely perch and eye contact. I checked the image size, I think it is 244kb. Seems there was a slight head movement so it appears soft not sure. The colours are nice. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
04-08-2011, 02:24 PM
I agree with the previous comments. At times, you can try finetuning with the manual focus as well to ascertain if the focus is optimal. When the background is bright or in backlight situations, the AF at times may not be optimal. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Supreet Sahoo
04-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Yes agree with all the comments below , before taking the 300 in my hand i was pretty sure that hand holding it would'nt be much of a trouble but clearly not everything is in the photographer's hands , as a result im planning to get a monopod soon.

Thanks
Supreet