Gwalior
Exif
1/400
f/7.1
ISO 800
FL-500mm

Bhargava Srivari
07-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Very good picture. I like the eye contact and the ruffled look. Personally, I'd use a shorter focal length to get the feet completely. Also, I think a vertical also might good look :)

tfs

Mrudul Godbole
07-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Nice close-up. The eye contact is good. Agree including the feet would have enhanced the composition further. The ruffled feathers looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
08-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Wow! Lovely image Dr.
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
10-08-2011, 10:36 AM
I agree that some more space at the bottom would have been better as the legs look cutoff. Do you have more space at the bottom? The image doesn't look very sharp to me. The eye contact and ruffled feathers look good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
10-08-2011, 10:58 AM
I agree that some more space at the bottom would have been better as the legs look cutoff. Do you have more space at the bottom? The image doesn't look very sharp to me. The eye contact and ruffled feathers look good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sabyasachi,
This is a full frame.I shot this one from inside my car.By the time I adjust the focal length ,the bird flew off.The bird was shaking its body too much while taking the snap handheld,could be reason behind not getting the optimum sharpness.Thanks for your comments.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Two things can be done in the situation when light is low and the bird is shaking its feathers:

1. Be alert and the moment the shaking stops, click.

2. Use a low ISO and narrow aperture to get a low shutter speed. Focus on the head and click while it is shaking its feathers. At times you will get a nice image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi