PDA

View Full Version : Common Bird

Joshi Bhavya
08-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Hello everyone..I am posting my first bird of just common Egret.As I am Macro photographer.. I am not shooting bird regularly..
I want to do some experiment or composition on this bird.. so I shot common bird, crop and blur BG. Another image is of same bird with different composition of B/w.
so can you suggest me which composition is right and why..??
With Canon 550D 18-55mm(not possible to take in this lens but i have crop up to 40% and sharpen.)
F-5.6
ISO:400

Joshi Bhavya
08-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Same Bird in B/w..

Bhargava Srivari
08-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Are the two images the same or is it that you shot the same bird in different surroundings?

The first one- looks nice. I am fine with the composition. However, a little more overall brightness may be good. But then, the whites on the bird are a tad too bright for me. What is the exposure compensation? Given the fact that you shot this with the 18-55 lens, a very decent job indeed :)

The one in monotones- I personally like B&W images when there is a large variation in contrast of the image constituents. For a bird which is already white for the most part, I am not a big fan of B&W conversion. However, the setting looks nice..please do post the color version of this image :)

tfs

Joshi Bhavya
08-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks Bhargava , the color one is original image, I Apply B/w on same image. for different composition and know difference between two.
The exposure is 0.00 took in natural light.
This is original one..i just reduce some shadow that it..

Mrudul Godbole
08-08-2011, 09:55 PM
I feel the original (last one) looks better than the first two images. In the earlier image the background was very dark, kind of underexposed. You could have used a narrower aperture. The eye contact and the composition is fine. Thanks for sharing. Keep trying.

Bhargava Srivari
08-08-2011, 10:10 PM
I like the third image you posted- in #4 :)

Yuvraj Patil
11-08-2011, 07:56 AM
The color image is looking good.......