PDA

View Full Version : Golden Oriole

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
14-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Photographed at Gwalior.This is very a shy bird,difficult to get it in open.Often seen in pairs,chasing one another from one tree to the other.This is most probably a female,as the front is streaked.Male is all yellow,except jet black colour in the wings & the tail.

Canon 500D
150-500mm
1/100
f/6.3
ISO 800
Handheld
Cropped

Saktipada Panigrahi
14-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Nice Photograph of this Beautiful Eurasian Golden Oriole (Oriolus Oriolus) lovingly called SONA BAU here.I used to see them often in IARI,Pusa Campus,N.Delhi.The Male has also Black Eye-Streak, I believe.This is a Female with streaks on the underparts though faintly seen in this Photograph.Here Black Hooded Oriole (Oriolus Xanthornus) called BENE BAU is common and is a visitor to my garden.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Arindam Mitra
14-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Great shot.......

Sabyasachi Patra
15-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Beautiful bird. It would have been great if you were a more to the right so that there would have been more separation between the beak and the branch. The curved branch looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
15-08-2011, 02:15 PM
The composition is nice. Good eye contact and clean background. Some more sharpness would have enhanced the image further. Thanks for sharing.