PDA

View Full Version : Bandipur Tiger

Sabyasachi Patra
18-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Uploading this for comparison with the tiger Praveen posted (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7371 ).

I had photographed this tiger in Bandipur in last july. That was the time it first appeared in Bandipur.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, f5.6, 1/400, ISO 800, full frame, handheld.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
18-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Nice image Sabyasachi. I like the feel in the image..specially the OOF foreground. Wish you had used a slightly lower ISO or a narrower aperture :)

Tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
18-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Bhargava,
Just trying to understand why lower ISO or narrow aperture?

Nice image Sabyasachi. I like the feel in the image..specially the OOF foreground. Wish you had used a slightly lower ISO or a narrower aperture :)

Tfs

Bhargava Srivari
18-08-2011, 09:21 PM
For the kind of low shutter speeds you can handle and knowing how big a fan you are of low ISO imaging, I thought ISO 800 was just a bit on the higher side.

Thanks

Sabyasachi Patra
18-08-2011, 09:38 PM
I use high ISOs as well. However, I agree that I would love to click in ISO 200 if light is conducive.

I wanted to know why you suggested narrow aperture that means f8 or higher.

In fact, rather than narrow aperture, a wider aperture would have been preferable. I could have used f4 or f2.8. That would have given a much more shallow depth of field, with the background largely out of focus. And I like the quality at f2.8 with this lens.

I was careful not to drop the shutter speed below 1/400. In this case, I was clicking in Tv mode unlike the normal Av mode that I use. I had dialed in 1/400 shutter speed and had bumped up the ISO to 800. I didn't want f4 or f2.8 as the tiger was moving fast and I wanted some margin for depth of field. After a couple of shots, I quickly removed my lens and clicked this fellow with my 24-70 :D

Anyway, the reason for uploading this image is to compare the markings with the image posted by Praveen.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Nice Photograph, the composition,natural colours, the mood,its focussed eyes,exposed tongue,the environ well documented.But what attracts me ,in particular ,is the Beauty of the Shoulder Muscles signifying the Strength of the Tiger.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Praveen Siddannavar
19-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Lovely image Sabuasachi, the flip of the tongue adds interests. This looks the same tiger that I shot. However he has grown much bigger in 12 months.
tfs