PDA

View Full Version : cunning camouflage

Saktipada Panigrahi
21-08-2011, 03:18 AM
cunning camouflage

Bhargava Srivari
21-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Good that you spotted it! Nice documentation. Where was this shot and when?

tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
21-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Look at those eyes and the ears folded back. The tiger appears not too happy or a bit alert due to the closer approach. The prey species see mostly in monochrome, so the stripes and the grasses blend seamlessly. Nice to see this image. Is it from Kanha?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
21-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Nice behaviour captured. Surely would like to know the details when this image was photographed. Thanks for sharing.

Atul Sinai
22-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Nice capture. Tough one to figure it out for the prey. TFS

Regards,
Atul

Saktipada Panigrahi
24-08-2011, 09:45 AM
I was away to observe "SUNDARBAN DIVAS".This TIGRESS was spotted by me on my own near KHINARULI FRH in CORBETT TIGER RESERVE in one afternoon in May,1988. I was staying in Dhikala FRH but decided to go to Khinaruli ( being an Isolated Place )and hired one Trained Elephant of the Forest Dept. While passing through Elephant Grass I saw an Yellow Flash through Green Grass at a distance.I advised the Mahut to move in a Circle and reduce the diameter gradually . For about half an hour nothing could be seen . Complete silence all over.Then SUDDENLY what I saw has been documented.She disliked our presence and disappeared immediately with a Jump.Correct obsevation by Shri Sabyaschi. Its A CORBETT TIGRESS.
I have posted this photo with a purpose.Viewers may kindly see a Tiger needs about 2 feet dense undergrowth for total concealment.

Camera: Practika LTL,Tele:IMAGE 200mm f 3.5,Film:Fujicolour 200ASA(Kodak 200ASA was not available for a few months), Aperture 5.6, Shutterspeed 1/125 sec .Handheld Film Photo taken from Elephantback.Scanned.