PDA

View Full Version : A Call in the Rainforest - preview

Sabyasachi Patra
21-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Dear All,

I am pleased to announce that the film "A Call in the Rainforest" is now complete.

The film is of 18 and half minute duration. I have completely shot it with a Canon EOS 1D Mark IV.

I have uploaded the preview in the diary. It is the opening one minute sequence. You can see it here: Inspiration for the Film – A Call in the Rainforest | Diary - Tales from India's Wilds (http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/inspiration-for-the-film-a-call-in-the-rainforest/)

Look forward to your feedback, suggestions, opinions and comments.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Nikhilesh Mahakur
22-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Need a copy for personal consumption - how do I get it?

Sabyasachi Patra
26-08-2011, 10:19 AM
The film is ready for entry in film festivals and for screenings in various places for raising awareness. The DVD release will be done in due course. Interested folks can then get copies of the same. Have patience !

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
28-08-2011, 10:18 PM
I keep watching the trailer once a day:laugh:, looking forward for the full screening & of course a copy of the DVD. Great work Sabyasachi!

Atul Sinai
30-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Great work Sabyasachi. Loved the trailer. Would really love to be part of such activities.

Regards,
Atul

Bibhav Behera
02-09-2011, 06:28 PM
:-) Can't wait!!!

Prashanth Gokul Dwarapu
03-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Sabyasachi pls accept my compliments on what looks to be a great documentary on the subject dear to all of here on the forum. I cant wait to see the complete film.

Just wanted to know if this your first endeavour at film making...

Sabyasachi Patra
06-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Dear All,
Thanks a lot for your comments. I will let you all know when the video release is done.

Prashanth,
You are right. I got into filming when I got the Canon 1D Mark IV in my hands in Jan 2011. I have been contemplating filming for a long time, but didn't get into it due to the problems of carrying two different systems. With the Mark IV, finally I could get something in a small package easy that is enough for me to use for film. You can see the video review of the Mark IV here: Mark IV Review: Part III – Video - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3964)

I started a few projects in Jan 2010 and "A Call in the Rainforest" is the first film to get released. Working on other projects now.

Atul,

I just returned yesterday filming another endangered species which is endemic to Western Ghats.

I am getting calls from people asking to assist me in the field. At the moment, I have about 2 or 3 people involved directly in the filming stage. In future we will plan in such a manner to involve IndiaWilds members in specific situations/projects. However, please be forewarned that film making is madness. This is far removed from the safari style of shooting/photography. On Saturday, the entire day we were waiting for our subject to turn up. Beautiful locale but our subject didn't choose to make an appearance. On sunday, the situation was completely different.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi