PDA

View Full Version : Dhole - Kabini

Deepak Ramani
23-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Exif: 1/400s, f4, ISO 800
PP done: Full frame, brightness/contrast adjusted and sharpened ever so slightly.
Equipment used: Canon EOS 400D, 300mm f4 IS

Atul Sinai
23-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Hey Deepak,

Nice pose and eye contact. Looks focussed. Was she trying to catch the prey?
TFS

Regards,
Atul

Deepak Ramani
23-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi Sinai,
Thanks. No, not at all....stomach full and bloated. The whole pack had their tummy full :). Just to the left of the frame was a tiny water body and they were all going down to have a sip.

regards,
Deepak

Bhargava Srivari
23-08-2011, 12:41 PM
You got it nice and sharp. The eyes look fierce! Had there been a slight head turn towards you, the image would look even better.

On a side note, I somehow have a feeling that you selected the dhole, inverted the selection and applied noise reduction/despeckling..(?)..probably because I find only the subject in focus and every thing else is out of the DoF range! Also, what happend to the other hind toe? I can't see it...may be my eyes behaving oddly though!

Did you get images of the dholes drinking?

tfs

Deepak Ramani
23-08-2011, 01:11 PM
No Bhargava....selective sharpening - Yes. No inverting the selection and no blurring. It is all as is in the RAW. Hind toe missing...not sure. Its not there in the original RAW image either. Can share the RAW with you.

Deepak Ramani
23-08-2011, 01:13 PM
And yes, I got the dholes drinking. One image was completely OOF due to disturbances in the jeep. The other one has some shrubs coming in the way, but will post them.

Bhargava Srivari
23-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks Deepak. Now when I see the image with more attention, the hind toe is actually seen:)

Please do post the original unedited image if you don't mind. The comparisions may be worth something

Mrudul Godbole
23-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Nice pose and eye contact. Reducing the sharpening a bit would be good. She looks quite full. Seems she was quite near to you. It is full frame, else I would have liked a bit more space all around. Look forward to more in the series. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
24-08-2011, 03:34 PM
The blurring appears pretty unnatural and it attracts attention. Near the hind leg, one can see the selection that you have made - partly blurred and partly original remains. Retaining the details in the mud would add to the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Yuvraj Patil
27-08-2011, 05:41 PM
nice capture of this tummy full dhol......lovely...