PDA

View Full Version : Baya weaver entering his nest

Atul Sinai
23-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi guys,

Another shot of baya weaver. Please critique.

I have also taken a recording of this male working on building his nest. May be worth watching. Have uploaded it on youtube. Not sure if you can share the link here, hence not sharing.

Canon 600D. 55-250mm
Manual Exposure
Spot metering
Shutter Speed 1/640
Aperture 8.0
ISO 400
Focal Length 250mm
Cropped by 36%
Monopod support

Regards,
Atul

Mrudul Godbole
23-08-2011, 11:01 PM
The vertical composition is nice. The clean background looks good. I think there was some movement as the bird is not in critical focus. Do check the AF point was it locked on the nest? Did you get any images with more eye contact? Thanks for sharing.

Atul Sinai
24-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks Mrudul. The focus point is on the nest, as there was movement caused due to the bird trying to get into the nest. Did get some images with eye contact. Will share them.

Regards,
Atul

Deepak Ramani
24-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Lovely image. Surprised though that at F8, the DOF was not deep enough to capture the bird in focus. Nice vertical compo.

Bhargava Srivari
24-08-2011, 04:38 PM
As Mrudul and Deepak say, the vertical composition is good. I think there was movement from the bird or slight camera shake or both that resulted in the bird appearing OOF..the DoF would be quite sufficient otherwise. All the same, the distance between you and the subject is vital in determing the depth of field, so passing a judgement wouldn't be very fair.

tfs

Saktipada Panigrahi
24-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Nice ,well composed Photograph. The pendulous straw nest seen in great details,with the bird, I love so much, almost Half-way made the entry.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Atul Sinai
24-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks guys.

Regards,
Atul