PDA

View Full Version : Dhole at waterhole - Kabini

Deepak Ramani
24-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Messed the shot where the tongue was actually out licking water. This is the next best
Exif: 1/400, f4, ISO 800.
Canon EOS 400D, 300 mm f4.

Sabyasachi Patra
24-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Nice scene. A bit more brighter would be great. If you would have been slightly to the left, then it would have been great as the eye would have been in the clear. However, light was low. I agree that if you would have got the tongue out then it would have been even better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Atul Sinai
24-08-2011, 03:49 PM
The image as a whole has nice feel to it. The reflection looks good. The tounge licking image would have been really good if you had got it right.
Slightly higher depth of field at least around f6.3 could have provided more details. You might have needed to compromise on shutter speed in that case, probably a bean bag would have been helpful.
TFS

Regards,
Atul

Bhargava Srivari
24-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Agree with comments made. Wish that grass blade in front of the eye was not there. I find the brightness just fine.

On the whole, a nice habitat image and the scene is good. The dhole seems to be injured. Keeping in mind that the lens you use is not very heavy and you may be able to handhold at even 1/200sec or lesser, could you have managed a narrower aperture like at least f5.6 and/or a slightly lower ISO?

tfs

Saktipada Panigrahi
24-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Nice image, fine posture ,well composed with natural habitat.Sometime golden opportunity is lost.Never mind, it will be a happy remembrance, Deepak Bhai.Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild.

Mrudul Godbole
24-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Nice environment photograph. I liked the composition. The angle and the details are nice. Even if you didn't get the licking pose, this pose also creates interest as it is just about to drink water. Thanks for sharing.

Deepak Ramani
24-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Agree with comments made. Wish that grass blade in front of the eye was not there. I find the brightness just fine.

On the whole, a nice habitat image and the scene is good. The dhole seems to be injured. Keeping in mind that the lens you use is not very heavy and you may be able to handhold at even 1/200sec or lesser, could you have managed a narrower aperture like at least f5.6 and/or a slightly lower ISO?

tfs

Bhargava: Oh yes, I surely could have done a 1/200 or 1/250 with f5.6, even if I had to maintain the ISO. I was just shooting some dholes playing and hence felt I needed higher shutter speed. And then turned around to see this one at the water hole and just pressed the shutter.

Yuvraj Patil
27-08-2011, 05:40 PM
nice Action shot.....wild dog looking injured.....