PDA

View Full Version : Bandhavgarh Landscape

Sabyasachi Patra
18-04-2009, 10:31 PM
This image was created in Bandhavgarh National Park. I was waiting for a tigress with cubs. She didn't appear as a few photographers had occupied the watch tower created right at the path followed by the tigress. In the morning I had seen the tigress growl at the empty watch tower (it is more of a thatch hut). I knew the tigress won't come when I saw the photographers seated in the watch tower. So I was frustrated. Then I decided to click an image of the mountain range. It shows the bandhavgarh range. I clicked it when a gypsy arrived in the scene. I included the gypsy as I thought that would capture the feeling of a Safari.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS lens at 28 mm, ISO 100, f22, 1/50sec, full frame.

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

PS: To know more about the watch tower erected by Park authorities and some of their mindless actions, click the following link:
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2269&posted=1#post2269

Mrudul Godbole
20-04-2009, 10:56 AM
I like this part of Bandhavgarh national park, the grasslands and the mountain ranges behind.It gives a good feeling of openess and seeing the tiger there in the dam is definately a treat for all photographers.

I liked the composition, but would like to suggest that including more of the mountain range would have definately enhanced the photograph more.

Look forward to more..

Kiran Ghadge
20-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Thats nice one Saby... could have better if you had moved camera little bit to left, my personal opinon....

Sabyasachi Patra
20-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks Kiran!

Have one with the camera moved a bit towards the left to include the full mountain range. Will share that later when I gather the courage to remove the minute dust spots from the image. When you use very small lens openings like f16, f22 etc, dust spots will show up.

I will photograph the scene again later. It would be better to use a Graduated Neutral Density filter. The sky portion is bright, and by using a Graduated Neutral Density filter, one can control the difference in brightness between the sky and the mountains.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sudipto Roy
22-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Without getting into the merits and demerits of the photograph, let me say thanks for sharing this particular ladscape. I think this is one of my most favourite landscapes on the planet and this view makes Bandhavgarh my favourite. I wouldn't mind visiting the place over and over again just for this landscape, even if I couldn't get to see a single tiger.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Sudipto,
I share your views. There are lots of memories of this place. Especially in the last four years, I have got some fantastic tiger experience in these grasslands. We have got drenched in rain, faced hail storm, sand storm, 48 deg centigrade temperatures and watched the tigress there.

This grassland is the result of resettling a village. Nature has taken over and has resulted in a beautiful grasslands. A small learning that if you leave nature alone then things will be alright.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi