PDA

View Full Version : Baya weaver (female)

Bhargava Srivari
28-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Shot yesterday evening in rainy conditions at Hyderabad central university. There was lots of tall grass blades amidst which these birds had made their nest, but luckily for me, this bird decided to perch right on top of them, giving me a nice diffused BG :)

Me and Supreet Sahoo were birding together and got to see a few of these birds, and also a male which would bring some worms to the nest and fly back in search of somthing else. Expect some good images from Supreet as well :)

canon 60D, canon 100-400 L IS USM
f6.3, 1/400sec, ISO 640, EV 0, 400mm, eval metering, cropped, handheld as I was afraid to mount the camera on a monopod just in case it started raining and would take some time to dismantle the set up.

Supreet Sahoo
28-08-2011, 04:07 PM
A good one Bhargava. You got this while standing on the rock or ground? The details on the bird are really good. Although we initially thought that this was a female i think we could have been mistaken as this looks like a juv male to me :( Experts pls confirm the id. Thanks for sharing

Mrudul Godbole
28-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Nice perch. Its good you got it in the open. The clean background looks nice. Look forward to more in the series. Thanks for sharing.

Atul Sinai
29-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Nice shot Bhargava. Composition looks good. More space below instead of above could have been better. Love these birds.TFS

Regards,
Atul

Sabyasachi Patra
30-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Nice image. Wish the tail was not blocked. Else, looks nice.

For photographing in rains you can also check here: Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648)

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
30-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the comments:)

Afterall, according to a few friends who are usually right with identifying birds, this bird is a black breasted baya- female!