04-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Camera Model Canon EOS 7D
Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/250
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 1000

The last shot from yesterday's bird walk at Shamirpet. Wish the angle was little better and more catchlight.

Bhargava Srivari
04-09-2011, 09:04 PM
The clean background adds value to the image. Wish you were standing at the place I was standing- the angle would have been much better. Anyway, I was only standing and watching the bird's behavior after shooting one or two images!

Saktipada Panigrahi
04-09-2011, 11:41 PM
You are happy with part Green plummage of this Juvenile Green Bee-Eater only.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Supreet Sahoo
04-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Its a Chestnut -Headed Bee-Eater,as seen in the photograph.You are happy with part Green plummage only.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Are you sure that this is a CHBE !!! I was really confused initially but with some older references I thought it was just another LGBE, but ill be happier if i'm wrong :blush:

Saktipada Panigrahi
05-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Its a Green Bee-Eater,appears Juvenile. I have already edited my original writing BEFORE final posting. See how Technology interferes and does not allow a few seconds' thinking. The bluish Cheek and Throat make all the difference .Thanks for Questioning.SaktiWild

Supreet Sahoo
05-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Nevermind sir, it happens. Agreed with the comments made.

Mrudul Godbole
06-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Cute bird. Nice clean background. Agree about the angle. The composition is nice. Wish the light was better for a narrower aperture. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-09-2011, 12:48 PM
These small birds are colourful and look good in frontal lighting. The details come out well in closeups. One just needs to find a clean enough perch. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi