PDA

View Full Version : KANHA May2005

Saktipada Panigrahi
08-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Canon EOS 300, Canon 75-300mm,Kodak 200 ASA,Scanned from Negative Print

Mrudul Godbole
08-09-2011, 09:13 PM
The peacock has got very long tail ('train'). Seems the image was clicked from a elephant's back. The tall grass shows the habitat nicely. Wish it was in the light. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
08-09-2011, 10:38 PM
With their long tail feathers, I often wonder, how the peacocks escape the tiger. I remember on documentation of tiger capturing peacock. The golden grass looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
08-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Mrudul Bhai,This is the Largest Peafowl Ever seen by me till date.It was photographed standing on the Jeep while it just came out at a distance on the left.Light was so good that 12'x10' Enlargemet(Manually done) shows Seven Distinct colours.Finding No answer to Impairment while Scanning.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Mrudul is one of the few ladies active in the field of wildlife photography.

How are you storing your negatives? I lost a lot of negatives and slides due to fungus.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Its so nice to learn about Madam Mrudul and her dedication to Conservation of Nature and Wild Life.Since Mridul name is First name for Boys in this part of the country, I thought Mrudul may be the equivalence in other parts.My ignorance may please be condoned.

Each one of cut out developed Nagative Films (say with 6 exposures)is as usual kept in a separate cellophane strip of the folder given by Photoshop/my Manual Developer and Printer.What extra precaution I take is to keep the Important Folders( say5 Folders) inside a partially Airtight Jacket (like those used by Jet Airways to keep Monthly Magazines) and close it and then keep them in partially Air Tight Rectangular Plastic Box ( preferably Pearl Pet )These Boxes are kept in a Godrej Almirah solely used for keeping them with Albums, Camera etc. NO CLOTHINGS OR BOOKS.Once or twice I open that Almirah during the day for fresh air to enter.
After Rainy season is over,during a clear sky Dry Winter Day,I take out All Boxes and and spread out the Folders on a Cot. After a few hours,I take out each exposed Film strip from Cellophane folder and then if sticking is noticed ,put the exposed films in a New cellophane folder,otherwise put them again inside the same.Then by the evening All boxes are again kept in the Almirah.
Ilford, Agfa,Kodak negatives do not attract much Fungus.