PDA

View Full Version : green bee eater

Ashok Sorout
09-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Indian bee eater spotted in okhla bird century.

Canon 7D, 100-400 @ 400mm
Cropped
f 5.6
1/250
iso 100

Not very sharp image as it was far off.

Not sure about the name.

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
09-09-2011, 10:26 PM
This is not a green bee eater.Looks like a purple rumped sunbird.TFS

Bhargava Srivari
10-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Looks like a sunbird, though I'm not sure about the exact species. You did well to attain good focus on the bird through all the clutter.

You could have used a slightly higher ISO like 250/320 to accomodate a narrower aperture.

tfs

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-09-2011, 11:13 AM
ITS A FEMALE PURPLE SUNBIRD. Throat to Belly is of deep Yellowish colour, is the deciding factor, in my view. Nice Photograph.Well composed, natural colours, fair Eye contact.Thanks for sharing. Young man, you are doing good work for Nature.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
10-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Ashok,
I haven't been to Okhla for sometime. So not aware how the situation is. I remember watching these sunbirds from a few feet away in Ranthambhore in the resort. I infact clicked with my phone camera to get a record shot. As the sunbirds are rather small in size, one needs to wait at a suitable spot for them to come close.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
10-09-2011, 04:44 PM
The eye contact is nice. Agree using a higher ISO (generally in multiples of 100) would have helped to give more shutter speed and narrower aperture. Were you hand holding? You can check the tips sections for hand holding techniques to get more sharper images. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more from Okhla.

P.S - It would be good if you put the copyright mark in the left or right bottom corner as that wont take the attention away from the subject.