PDA

View Full Version : CORBETT:THE GENTLE COLOSSUS, May,1988

Saktipada Panigrahi
11-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Practika LTL,Tele:IMAGE 200mm, Fuji 200 ASA, Early Morning,Before Sunrise behind Hills in the background,Low Light,Scanned from Negative Print,Hand Held

Mrudul Godbole
11-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Nice moody image. The elephant alone in the grass in the early morning light gives a nice feel to the image. Was it trumpeting? Was the tilt intentional? Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
12-09-2011, 06:46 AM
No,It was not trumpeting on that very early Morning.Location was about one Km. from Dhikala FRH.The Tusker was on Deep-Breathing (exercise!).
Yes,I intentionally tilted the Camera for the following reasons:
(1)This beautiful pose should look better on an Inclined Plane.
I wanted to keep
(2)The Chaur,Elephant, the Tall Sal trees on Bhabar land(beyond Ramganga)
(3) And the Ridge beyond
4) And One or Two Sun rays coming beyond Hills to be seen vertically in the sky.
I wanted to capture ALL these in one Frame.
But I did not get the support of Kodak 200ASA(Not Available temporarily).
Thanks for Questioning,
SPP

Sabyasachi Patra
12-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I agree that Kodak would have been better. When one sees these images, one is reminded about filming those days. Unlike the digital cameras where we can change the ISO at every shot, in those days it was a difficult decision to shift rolls if you are in the middle of a 36 shot film roll.

The elephants in the dhikala chaur in the mornings is a sight to see. I agree that it would have been great if the elephant were at an incline. That would have looked like a classic pose. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi