PDA

View Full Version : The King

Naveen Sharma
12-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Shot at ISO 400, f5.6 and1/125th of a second. Post processing and cropping done (was quite far).

Sabyasachi Patra
12-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Nice to see a tiger image as first post. Where was this clicked? Which camera and lens did you use?

The focus seems to be right. The tiger is resting in the shade. What time was it clicked?

If the tiger is very far, then better to try for some environmental compositions rather than going for massive crops and losing details. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Naveen Sharma
12-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Ohhhh, I love them so thought to begin with this pic.

This was shot using Canon EOS 1100 D with a 55-250mm lens. The time was around 10:30 in the morning at a local zoo.

"If the tiger is very far, then better to try for some environmental compositions rather than going for massive crops and losing details". Sabyasachi, Can u speak a little more about this. I didn't get it.

Mrudul Godbole
12-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Nice first post. The eye contact is nice. The details are good.

The time was around 10:30 in the morning at a local zoo.

This forum is meant to post images of animals in the wild. So do refrain from posting images taken in Zoo or of animals in captivity.

"If the tiger is very far, then better to try for some environmental compositions rather than going for massive crops and losing details". Sabyasachi, Can u speak a little more about this. I didn't get it.

I think what Sabyasachi wanted to say is, if the subject is far off, you can include the surroundings in which the animal is so giving the feel of its habitat.
As by cropping, you loose details anyway. Also creating pleasing environment compositions is very difficult. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Naveen Sharma
12-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks Mrudul for the encouragement.....

I have a doubt here. Don't you think trying the environmental composition would distract the viewers from the subject. Also, the tiger in that case would have looked very small. I am amateur, I believe you wouldn't mind my queries.

Bhargava Srivari
12-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Nice first post, although the publishers of Indiawilds do not encourage users to post images of captive animals.

Personally, I always find images which have the environment included along with the animal more appealing than 'mugshot' closeups. The reason, probably, is that many of the environmental images portray the relationship of the animal with the habitat.

tfs

Mrudul Godbole
12-09-2011, 09:10 PM
I know it is not easy to create environment photographs. There are lot of ways by which you can make the subject stand out in the image. That is where the creativeness of the photographer lies. That is why I said they are difficult to compose that close-ups. You can read the below posting for further understanding -

Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86)

Start taking environment images and we will guide you along the way.

Naveen Sharma
12-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Good to hear that you are against animals being kept in a closed artificial environment. And just to tell you I am also in the same league.

But unfortunately due to lack of time (manageable) and national parks in Pune, it happens to be my only option. And the love for the lion family just pulls me to this place.

Naveen Sharma
12-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks Mrudul