View Full Version : On the run

Mrudul Godbole
14-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Photographed at Maidanahalli.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 640, 1/2000, f8, hand held

critiques and comments welcome..

Bhargava Srivari
14-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Nice composition. Was this shot from a car or were you lying on the ground or standing below an elevated ground? I really wish you had got the blackbuck with all four legs in the air :D

tfs

V S Sankar
14-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Nice and sharp image.Good clarity.Was the foregorund and background blurred in pp?

Regards

Sabyasachi Patra
15-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Watching a blackbuck flying (all fours in the air) is a treat to watch. With the limitations of of filming in DSLR, where one can't whip pan fast, the flying blackbucks gave me a knockout blow (Score 1-0 in favour of blackbucks). Will try sometime again. :)

I guess, use of long focal lengths from a near ground level perspective has resulted in blurring of foreground. And I think slight panning motion that happens while clicking even at the fast shutter speed results in the background. Mrudul to explain.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-09-2011, 10:54 AM
A Blackbuck on LEAP is a Treat to Watch.I have seen on a few occasions in Kanha Meadow only but not been able to take an Image.I have one Photograph of four or five Female walking
in a line, titled "A PROCESSION".Nice that Madam Mrudul is concentrating on this Beautiful species.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
15-09-2011, 10:28 PM
It was on elevated ground, so as Sabyasachi has mentioned the near ground level has made the foreground blurred. Also the trees in the background were again on a slope so the background is also blurred. There is no blurring done, it is just the result of low angle.

Thanks all for the comments.

Anand Madabhushi
27-10-2011, 06:07 PM
The subject has been captured sharp