Exif:

1/250(EC +1).
f/7.1
ISO 400
Handheld
Cropped

Mrudul Godbole
16-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Nice calling pose. The perch and the eye contact is nice. The composition looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Rajan Kanagasabai
17-09-2011, 05:28 AM
Wow, lovely posture and details, wonderful composition. The whites (especially at the back of the bird) seem a bit blown . . . or is it my monitor screen playing tricks on the eye ? TFS

regards
Rajan

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
17-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks everyone for comments.I had to give +1 EC as Sun was on the opposite side.That is the reason whites on the back got blown a bit :).

Bhargava Srivari
18-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Well exposed given the conditions. I wish that the back portion of the bird was not burnt like it is now, though I guess it was because of the light falling directly there while you were exposing for the bird in whole. I like this quite a lot.

tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
18-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Nice calling pose and eye contact. What is the need for blurring?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
18-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Nice calling pose and eye contact. What is the need for blurring?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

No blurring was required and nothing like that was done.What made you think?

Sabyasachi Patra
20-09-2011, 11:18 AM
No blurring was required and nothing like that was done.What made you think?

Just the bird is sharp. Front and back of the branch is also not sharp. That gave me the impression.

To check blurring, one can always download images and dissect. However, that is not the objective of this forum. I would appreciate the processing details to be given along with the image, else that can lead to raising questions such as these and to prove each others point a long discussion will happen. That is certainly not the objective of this forum.

If we don't get to know what your original image is, then there will be no point in critiquing. Neither you will benefit, nor anyone else as the comments will only be good shot, great shot etc.

I feel you have got good potential and have improved a lot. I am sure you will continue to improve.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
20-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Sabyasachi,
I think you are right in your observation.I have processed the image in layers isolating the bird as one layer.And no sharpening was done to the BG layer.Sometimes Noise reduction in BG alone can also give rise to this kind of impressions,however no NR was required in this image.After uploading so many images in this forum & getting feedback from people,I have come to realize the importance of a good BG in wildlife photography ,particularly in birding.So I prefer uploading those images only which have a good BG.Thanks