PDA

View Full Version : Yellow wattled lapwing

Bhargava Srivari
18-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Shot at bidar, karnataka.

Local names include Zirdi in Hindi, Chitawa in Telugu and Jithiri in Rajasthan and in Pakistan, Pili tatihri in Punjabi, Laori in Madhya Pradesh, Parasna titodi or Vagdau titodi in Gujarati, Pitmukhi titvi in Marathi, Manjakanni in Malayalam, Haladi tittibha in Kannada and Kiraluwa in Sinhalese.

canon 60D, canon 100-400 L IS USM
f5.6, 1/320sec, ISO 400, EV 0, 400mm, cropped, noise reduction on BG

Saktipada Panigrahi
18-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Nice details. The Black-tipped tail has come well.Should we sacrifice Natural Colours for greater details,I do not know.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
18-09-2011, 08:22 PM
I like the composition.Nice eye contact & light.Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
18-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks Saktipada and Dr. Kalpamoi.

Saktipada,

Please do let me know why you think the colors don't look natural. I'll look into what should be done.

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Bhai Bhargava,
The Wings and Back of this Species are Pale Brown making a good contrast with white underparts.With details of this Bird so well documented,I had a feeling that why not colour of the Back showing little more Brown,which we see in open Eye. You are doing good work for Nature.SaktiWild

Atul Sinai
19-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Nice low angle Bhargava. Good eye contact and details. TFS

Regards,
Atul

Sabyasachi Patra
20-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Nice details. The Black-tipped tail has come well.Should we sacrifice Natural Colours for greater details,I do not know.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

I agree. Too often wildlife photographers make the mistake of increasing contrast, saturation etc and the colour doesn't resemble the actual. Unfortunately, the high contrast, high saturation images are praised by lot of beginners and some so-called experts as well.

If you want to improve your imaging, then you need to keep an eye on the natural colours.

In digital, one can just move the colour temperature slider (white balance) to get all kinds of effects. In photosharing sites, where not many people have idea about natural history, they wont mind. However, here it has been rightly pointed out.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi