PDA

View Full Version : Right to Live

Mohammed Raheel
22-04-2009, 02:09 PM
I was checking the pictures on natgeo, when this one caught my attention.
http://www.natgeotv.co.in/Programmes/Photos.aspx?Id=343&GalleryNo=1
Please check this image to realize my protest. This picture triggered off emotions which I am converting to text.
This african elephant is badly wounded with spear stabs on skull.

I feel pained to see how we humans with logic and rationale treat these innocent creatures.
No wild animal is hostile towards human unless threatened.
The incidents of them attacking humans happen in areas where we have encroached their homes (jungles), be it Borivali National park, Thane Hills or any place in Assam.
These poor creatures can do nothing to us humans but we treat them so cruelly.
I have seen many youtube videos, the barbarism shown by hunters for fun is painful to watch, what the animal goes through is indescribable.
I grew up in the wilderness and using a catapult on poor unsuspecting birds was a part of growing up.
Now with wisdom finally dawning on me, I feel it my duty to share my views with all I know.
I have friends in JBP who are into this shameful practice of 'shikar', hunting for pleasure. Remember they are not poaching, just shooting poor animals for fun. It requires a celebrity of Salman Khan/Pataudi's stature to 'TEMPORARILY' draw government's attention towards this serious problem.
I try to convey my point to them through such emails hoping for realization.

If we do not realize thi now, our children will be praising the beauty of our wildlife only in pictures or museums or Zoos.

All animals have equal right to live.

As it is we are indirectly involved in their destruction in the form of deforestation, global warming, drying up waterholes, encroaching and shrinking their habitats, poisoning their water holes (pesticides and insecticides),,,,, the list is unending.......

Lets be a little more responsible and carry out our duty towards the beautiful legacy we inherited in the form of our wildlife.
Lets preserve them for our future generations to respect and appreciate.

Small steps taken systematically bring big change.
We can contrubute by sharing our views with people whom we know.

This is just once such instance.

Mohammed Raheel