PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Flycatcher

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
23-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Location- Gwalior.

This bird suddenly appeared in front of me ,while I was trying to photograph a tree pie.I have spotted this for the first time .Seems to be a shy & restless bird.It didn't give me much time to photograph it properly.This is the only snap ,I could manage to take.Part of the tail got cut in the process to snap it hastily ,because of the excitement of spotting it for the first time.

exif:-
1/160(+ 0.3 EC)
f/6.3
ISO 400
Fl-500mm
Handheld
Cropped

Mrudul Godbole
24-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Nice sighting. Lucky that it perched right infront of you :). Agree including the tail would have been good. Wish the angle was less steep. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
24-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Nice Photograph. Rare sighting,Prompt reflective Action.It appears to me a Rufous Male.When the Nature decides to unfold,we do not know.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
24-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Good that you saw this one. The eye seems to be in focus. It is important to take a few snaps for reference as you many not get a chance again. The reference snaps can be used for documentation purposes. It would have been nice to have the complete tail in the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
26-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Nice details and good job on exposure. Wish you has got the tail in full. Yet to see the migrant lot of the bird this year. They should be here soon...

TFS
Roopak