PDA

View Full Version : Ashy Prinia Preening

Deepak Ramani
24-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Exif: 1/2000s, f4, ISO 400
PP done: Cropped slightly, levels adjusted. Sharpened a bit.
Eq used: Canon 400D, 300mm f4

Bhargava Srivari
24-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Nice moment. If you don't mind me asking, is there a reason for which you don't stop down the aperture even when there is good light?

tfs

Mrudul Godbole
24-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Nice pose captured. It is good that head is in clear. The light seems a bit harsh, what time was this photographed? Was this in Hebbal lake? Thanks for sharing.

Deepak Ramani
24-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Nice moment. If you don't mind me asking, is there a reason for which you don't stop down the aperture even when there is good light?

tfs

Bhargava: Point taken. I guess I used to be so frustrated with my old sigma 70-300 which I had to stop down to f8 or higher to get even passably sharp images. Now with a f4 lens, I over-do the aperture quite a bit. LOL
But in this case, I wanted to shoot a BIF (Bird in flight) shot of a Prinia. Went with this sole aim to Hebbal lake and hence simply set f4 and the needed high shutter speed. The earlier sunbird image was also shot at f4 and high shutter speed because of this very reason. BTW, did not get any decent BIF shot of the prinia. :)
Mrudul: It was around 9 AM at Hebbal lake

Sabyasachi Patra
24-09-2011, 09:46 PM
I agree with the previous comments. Wish the eye was visible. It seems you were shooting through vegetation. The 300mm f4 IS lens is a sharp lens even at f4 aperture. In this case a narrow aperture would have been better. I agree that if you were trying for a flight image, then better to be prepared to click at a higher shutter speed. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi