PDA

View Full Version : Black kite in flight

Atul Sinai
24-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi,

Please critique this image. shot in Pune. Messed up a bit with shutter speed. Should have gone for slightly lower shutter speed and higher aperture.

Canon 600D. 400mm f5.6
Manual Exposure
Auto Focus
Spot metering
Shutter Speed 1/3200
Aperture 5.6
ISO 400
Focal Length 400mm
Cropped by 62%
Handheld

Regards,
Atul

Saktipada Panigrahi
25-09-2011, 01:32 AM
Good Photograph.Nice Eye Contact.In this place, Colour of breast looks somewhat different while flying .Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

P.S:In a meeting with a small group of young PSU...,Late Shri C. Subramaniyan,Finance Minister,GOI,told us:
"Unless you make mistake,You will never learn which mistake you should not commit.An Intelligent man will never make the same mistake again. (as recorded in my Diary)"
Why you are worrying?

Bhargava Srivari
25-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Very well done. Nicely exposed overall, but slight more positive EC would have been even better. Also, compositionally, placing the bird lower in the frame leaving more space at the top may have been better.

tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
25-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Atul,
You got the wingspread well. I am fine with the composition. Which software do you use for processing your images?

I guess due to the large crop, you got the depth of field right. Unless you are clicking them swooping down fast or doing those fights, cartwheeling down from the sky with talons locked, a shutter speed around 1600-2000 should be fine. Keep on trying and you will only get better.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Atul Sinai
25-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks ! Sabyasachi, I use Lightroom for processing.

Regards,
Atul

Mrudul Godbole
26-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Nice flight pose and eye contact. The details look good. Thanks for sharing.