PDA

View Full Version : Common Iora | Diu

Bibhav Behera
28-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Just back from a very short but fruitful trip of Gujarat and Diu.
This was shot in the garden of the guest house where we were staying. My Camera body has died, so I had borrowed another body for the trip.

Canon EOS 450D, 300mm f/4L IS USM + EF 1.4x II Extender
SS 1/60
f/5.6
ISO 400

This is a Full Frame image. Comments and Critiques Welcome.

Mrudul Godbole
28-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Cute bird. The perch and the eye contact is nice. The background compliments the bird. A slight less space on the left would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
28-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Good Photograph.Well composed, Natural colours.Appears to be a Male looking at bright underparts.Its call is musical : Chi-Chit-Chit,...C h i r r u p.

I shall never forget in my Life, the Morning Call of INDIAN CUCKOO in JENABILL FRH,SIMLIPAL T.R, "Bou Katha Kao,... Bahu Katha Kao...".

We have forgotten GREAT SALIM ALI.

Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Bhargava Srivari
29-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Good to see a picture of this bird. Nice that you got it in the clear. The almost clean BG adds to the image.

As an aside, did you get a chance to visit the backwoods camp in Goa? I've been planning on a trip to that place for a couple of weeks now, but looks like it will happen only next month. It looks like a good place with decent stay options and they promise quite a lot of bird species in their resort premesis!

tfs

Roopak Gangadharan
29-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Good to know you are back in action. Nice colours and I like the compo. Female to me.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
29-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Good to see an image from that part of the country. It seems you had some low light to deal with. Eye contact is fine. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
29-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks Everyone.
Bhargava, I have heard of the place but have not been there yet. Been to Salim Ali, Mhadei, Bondla, Netravali and Cotigao here. Hopefully soon.

Sabyasachi, This was shot in the early hours of the morning (sunrise happens only around 7AM due to it being on the far west). I was shooting handheld and the 450D was giving a lot of noise beyond ISO 400, so stuck to it and tried my best :)