PDA

View Full Version : White Browed Bulbul

Supreet Sahoo
01-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Did a quick trip to goa and didnt want to lose on some birding. A big thanks to Bibhav for all the help. :)

White browed bulbul ( Pycnonotus luteolus) shot at fort chapora, goa.

A very tight frame to avoid the nearby clutter(some of which was unavoidable anyways:sad:)

Specs :
Canon EOS 7D + EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
Tv 1/3200
Av 6.3
ISO 500
Evaluative Metering

Tip: After losing on some fantastic shots of a pipit with a kill on great perch and bg i have now learnt it the hard way to have a small pouch of silica gel in the camera bag to avoid mirror dampening (not if thats what it is called)

Bhargava Srivari
01-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Nice bird and nice image. Even if there was clutter, I'd prefer a little more space at the left. Also, I have a feeling that exposing the scene by a third of a stop higher EC would have been better (please note that I am viewing the image on a non-calibrated monitor, so I may be wrong here). Of course, a lower ISO would have done the job just as well.

tfs

Mrudul Godbole
02-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Nice eye contact. The catch-light looks nice. Agree a bit more space would have been good. You could have use a lesser ISO. The light looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-10-2011, 05:43 PM
It appears a bit tight. Not sure whether you had some plastics or something on the branches. Else, slightly more space at left would have been better. Lowering the contrast would have been better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Supreet Sahoo
02-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Totally agree with all the comments made on the space to the left. If I would have added that it could have taken the charm away from the pic and since this was the first time i saw this species i didnt want to stop myself from posting it. Will keep a close eye on the ISO in future. I was just so mesmerized with the sheer beauty of the place that photography had just become a secondary activity and I was relishing every bit of it.

Thanks everyone
Supreet

Bhargava Srivari
02-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Supreet,

Good to hear that you enjoyed being at the place. I remember being told by an experienced photographer that once you start 'living' the moments you spend with wildlife, you will automatically produce excellent images. Not sure how true it is :)

Bibhav Behera
03-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Hi Supreet,
Good to see this one. Would have been nice to include more space on the left as suggested. Do post the other inmates of the cliff that you could get :-)