PDA

View Full Version : blackbuck

Jitendra Katre
02-10-2011, 06:44 AM
canon 550d, canon 400mm, f/5.6, 1/1600, iso-400

Mrudul Godbole
02-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Nice environment photograph. The pano composition looks good. Any particular reason for using 5.6? Where was this photographed? Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
02-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Beautiful image. I like the composition and the blackbuck's head turn is nice. The grassland looks awesome. I am fine with f5.6 as I guess when the subject is at a distance, a lot of area is covered by the focus point and one doesn't need a narrow aperture. I may not be entirely right though.

tfs

Jitendra Katre
02-10-2011, 06:42 PM
thanks for comments...canon 400mm works fine even at 5.6, and DOF was adequate....naturally one should go for highest shutter speed possible....shot at Nannaj.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Nice image. I agree with the composition. There is always a challenge of waiting with a higher shutter speed to click the subject run or fly vs creating compositions with higher depth of field.

In the film days, we were brought up being told "f8 and you are there".

The Canon's L series lenses are mostly sharp at wide open apertures. The depth of field increases with subject distance. One can see by pressing the depth of field preview button to know the precise depth of field that can be obtained, rather than guessing.

Any idea about the total population of black bucks in Nannaj? How many herds?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi