PDA

View Full Version : Tailorbird

Jasminder Singh Khurana
23-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Got this snap from my car, as i was heading out of the village,along side the road i saw these 2 beauties playing around. I stopped and lowerd my window and then just got one click of this ....Using a Canon 350D with 100-400IS...

Sabyasachi Patra
23-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Ashy Prinia.

It is great that you could spot and click this one. Composition wise it would be better if there is more space in the direction the subject is looking. So it would have been good if there would have been less space at the back. However, this bird is very quick and it is not easy to acquire focus and click.

What was the shutter speed and aperture? I think a higher shutter speed would have helped. It seems this image is warmed up (increased colour temperature) and the colours appear off. Increasing the colour temperature also burns out the whites. The white patch near the breast is over exposed and has lost details. It would be easier to recover that by revisiting your post processing.

What software do you use for post processing?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

AB Apana
24-04-2009, 06:23 AM
I'm okay with the centred comp, but agree with Sabyasachi's comments. More info on how you processed this image will help.

Apana